Sunday 2 August 2009

Back to some basic coarse fishing

This week I've gone back to trying some basic coarse fishing that I used to do as a kid. One reason for this was for my housemate to come and have a go at simply catching some fish as he is new to all types of fishing.

I bought a pint of maggots after work Wednesday evening and we headed down to Singleton boating lake. I have never fished there before so I fancied it for a change. As I began to set up I realised that I had brought the net handle but not the net and by the time I had gone back to get it it must have been gone 7 pm.

We had a go at float fishing for an hour or two and it all started ok with a small bream. Unfortunately eels moved in which i'm not a fan of. I dont mind cathing any type of fish but I have a dislike to eels. I think we caught about four of the damn things with one being quite sizeable.

On Thursday evening I went down to the Fendrod to try the same. This proved a lot more successful and I had several perch and the odd roach to a reasonable size. I went back again on Friday and again had a lot of sucess with the perch, this time I was using a feeder. On both evenings on the Fendrod the bites were quite speradic. I would have a spell where I was getting bite after bite sometimes as soon as it hit the water. This would be followed by a spell of a few minutes with nothing.

I hope to get back into coarse fishing properly in the future and fancy trying to get some bream and tench from the fendrod. Any tips anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment